Minutes of Westleigh Parish & Parish Council Meeting AGM 2022 – Wednesday 4th May 2022 7pm
Attendees – Cllr David Fairbrother (Chair), Cllr Chris Heard (Vice-
1. Apologies – DCCllr Frank Biederman, NDCllr (&MP) Selaine Saxby & Cllr Lyn Gear
2. Declaration of Interests – none
3. Chairman’s report – see appendix 2
4. Environment report – see appendix 1
5. Village Hall report – as there is no current representative on the Village Hall Committee, there is no official report. However Cllr Farrell-
6. The Chair then stood down, and the Vice-
7. The Minutes of the previous AGM (5th May 2021) were accepted as a true and accurate record
8. The following positions were then agreed, Auditor – Cllr Fairbrother proposed and Cllr Heard seconded that Michael Green be appointed. Unanimous. It was agreed to leave the Village Hall representative position, and the Taw & Torridge Forum position open at this time.
9. The 2021/2 Accounts had been agreed and accepted at the April Council meeting
10. The Council agreed that the Chair could sign off the Annual Governance and Accountability Return, once completed
11. The date of the next AGM was agreed as the first Wednesday of May 2023
12. The meeting closed at 7.30pm
Appendix 1 -
Westleigh Parish Council endeavours to promote and support green initiatives and have been fully supportive of ways to enhance the wildlife in our villages. Wildflower Planting Scheme is now underway. Jez Harris has been engaged by the council to plant bulbs throughout the village. He begun work November 2021 and by 6th January daffodils were already emerging in the verges. This work should be seen as the start of a process, with more planting of wild flowers, such as fritillaries and primroses to follow. Jez wants to assure the council, that he will continue to keep the grass tidy and strim the grass and overgrown plants.