councillors meeting dates minutes and agendas budget emergency plan governance internal audit report risk assessment Transparency policies
WESTLEIGH PARISH

Minutes of the Meeting of the Westleigh Parish Council held at the Village Hall on Wednesday 5th, October, 2016 at 7.30pm to consider the following business:


Present:   Cllr. K. Griffin (Chairman), Cllr. L. Burgess, Cllr L. Gear


In attendance:   Mar. Harris (Parish Clerk), 12 members of the public were also in attendance.


MH010/16.1: Apologies:   Cllr J. Edwards, Cllr B. Moores, Cllr K. Farrell – Roberts, Cllr. S. Ettling.


MH010/16.2: Declaration of Interest and Dispensations


To receive declarations of personal and disclosable pecuniary interests in respect of items on this agenda.


None received.


MH10/16.3


Chairman to move:   for the meeting to be adjourned and go into Open Forum.


MH10/16.4


a) Open Forum

A number of residents present at the meeting raised issues relating to planning application 61770.  The resident’s views were noted by the Parish Council.  Some residents also passed over to the Clerk associated paperwork, which will be held on file.


The Chairman proposed that item 10) a) be taken at this juncture on the agenda.


MH10/16.10 Planning new applications a)


Planning application Ref: 61770 – Erection of a local needs dwelling in land adjacent to 6 Langmead.


Discussion took place on the above application.  The Parish Council were mindful to recommend refusal of the application for the following three reasons:


The Parish Council has concerns that the development would be an incongruous element in the street scene, and would result in a development out of character to the relevant policies outlined in the North Devon Local Plan.

The Parish Council would wish to refer to the comments of the District Councils Conservation Officer in her e-mail dated 4/02/2015.  The Parish Council is surprised that the Conservation Officer failed to make any further comments on subsequent applications.

There is no evidence of “local need” for this type of development and the Parish Council concluded that the application failed to meet the criteria of policy HSG4 a) b) or c), in the local plan.

It was resolved to forward the above response to the planning application to the NDC Planning Officer.  Proposed: Cllr K. Griffin.  Seconded by Cllr L. Gear (all in favour)


b) County and District Council Ward Members Reports

No reports received from District or County Councillors.


The Chairman moved to end the adjournment.


 


MH10/16.5:  Minutes of the Meeting held on the 7th, September, 2016.


Resolved:  that the minutes of the meeting held on the 7th, September, 2016, be approved as a true and accurate record.


Proposed by Cllr K. Griffin, and seconded by Cllr L. Gear that the minutes of the meeting held on the 7th, September, 2016, be agreed are approved as a true and accurate record.  The minutes were duly signed by the Chairman. (all in favour)


 


MH10/16.6:  Matters Arising/Review of actions.


None.


MH07/16.7:  Review of Parish Action Plan:


a) Westleigh Footpath – no further update for the meeting.

b)  Website – Cllr K. Griffin reported that the new website was live.  The cost for the maintenance of the site will be £40 per annum, and any additional training would be charged at £20 per hour.

c)  Draft Environmental Policy – Now approved, and placed on the Parish Council website.  Resolved:  that the draft Environmental Policy be approved by the Parish Council. Proposed: Cllr K. Griffin, and seconded by Cllr L. Gear. (all in favour)

d)  Inclusion – Eastleigh and outlying areas of the parish – to be included on the agenda for the December meeting.

e) Maintenance specification – No progress on this action.  To be included on the agenda for the meeting in December.

f) Assets of Community Value – Cllr K. Griffin agreed to contact NDC for more information on the process of registering a community asset. Action Point:  Cllr k. Griffin to contact NDC.

MH10/16.8:  Correspondence received:


The Clerk informed the meeting of the following correspondence:


Grant Thornton – results of external audit – take under item 9 a

NDC – additional Local Plan Consultation – noted.

BT – proposals to remove 52 public phone boxes across North Devon – Action Point:  The Clerk to contact BT to request the purchase of the phone box in Westleigh.

 


MH10/16.9:  Finance


a)  Financial summary

The Clerk had circulated prior to the meeting a summary of the financial position of the Parish Council as of October 2016.  There is a current balance of £6,459.  The comments from the External Auditors were noted, and will be posted on the new website.


b)  Payments

The following payments were put forward for consideration:


Clerk expenses – purchase of printer and inks (costs covered by grant) – cheque no 100409 – £117.48


Clerks expenses – ordering of wreath – cheque no 100410 – £25.00


Complete Marketing Solutions – 2nd payment of £250 for the website development, and cheque no 10041 £100.00 for additional work to the website.


It was resolved to approve all of the above for payment.  Proposed:  Cllr K. Griffin, seconded by Cllr L. Burgess.


c) Income received

2nd precept payment £1,500, Parish Grant – £266, Grant Assistance £72.30.  Total £1,838.309.  Noted.


MH010/16.10:  Planning


a) New applications – planning application ref: 61770 taken earlier in the agenda.

b)  Planning decisions – none for this meeting.

C)   Other planning issues – none for this meeting.

MH10/16.11: – Agenda items for the next meeting


 


Inclusion – Eastleigh and other outlying areas – December meeting


Assets of Community Value – December meeting.


Maintenance specification – December meeting.


Compliance with planning and highway regulations – December meeting.


 


MH12/16.12: – Other items at the discretion of the Chairman:


 


Cllr K. Griffin raised an issue relating to Dog Fouling in Westleigh.  It was agreed that Cllr L. Burgess would have an informal discussion with the owner of the dog alleged to be fouling the streets/roads.


 


The Chairman invited all Councillors to attend the Remembrance Day Service on Sunday 13th November.


Cllr L. Burgess raised a concern regarding the level of Councillor attendance at the meeting.


 


The meeting concluded at 9.40pm.


 


The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place on a Wednesday, 7th, December, 2016. Commencing at 7.30pm.  Venue:  Westleigh Village Hall.