councillors meeting dates minutes and agendas budget emergency plan governance internal audit report risk assessment Transparency policies
WESTLEIGH PARISH

Minutes of the Meeting of the Westleigh Parish Council held at the Village Hall on Wednesday 25th, May, 2016 at 7.30pm to consider the following business:


Present: Cllr. K. Griffin (Chairman), Cllr. L. Burgess, Cllr K. Farrell – Roberts, Cllr B. Moores, Cllr l. Gear, Cllr S. Ettling.

In attendance: M. Harris (Parish Clerk), 4 members of the public.


MH05/16.1: Apologies: Cllr J. Edwards.

MH05/16.2: Declaration of Interest and Dispensations

To receive declarations of personal and disclosable pecuniary interests in respect of items on this agenda.

None received.

MH05/16.3

Chairman to move: Agreed for the meeting to be adjourned and go into Open Forum.

MH02/16.4 Open Forum – Residents are invited to give their views and questions for the Parish Council on issues on the agenda, or raise issues for future consideration.

4 residents were present at the meeting. The following issues were raised:

Parish Noticeboards.

Residents expressed concern that the parish noticeboards were being used for parish council notices only, and that access was restricted to the community. Discussion took place on the issue and the parish council agreed to consider an option to provide an additional noticeboard for the sole use of their parish council. The existing noticeboards would then be available for use by the community.

It was explained by the parish council that community use has never been restricted, and community notices can be placed on the boards.

Action: The Clerk to obtain costings for an additional noticeboard, and report back to the next meeting.

Westleigh Footpath.

Residents expressed concern that the footpath is overgrown and cannot be used.

Action: The Clerk, and Councillor K. Griffin to obtain quotes for the work to be undertaken, and then arrange for the work to be completed.

Pot holes in local roads

Residents reported that there are deep pot holes at Torr House Gross, north of Black gate. There was also an issue with overgrown hedges around the bus shelters which were obscuring vision.

Action: The Clerk to e-mail Cllr F. Biederman DCC with the information on the pot holes and the overgrown hedge, and request that highways undertake remedial work.

Planning applications

A resident raised an issue relating to the parish council considering individual planning applications. In the event that the parish council receive an application that is of concern to the local community, the Chairman has the power to call an extraordinary meeting, or a public meeting to discuss the application.

Police, County and District Council Ward Members Reports:

a) Police Report – No matters to report.

b) Devon County Council (DCC) – No report

c) North Devon Council (NDC) – Cllr B. Moores reported that the Joint TDC/NDC Local Plan had now been submitted to the inspectorate.


The Chairman moved to end the adjournment.


MH05/16.5: Minutes of the Meeting held on the 6th, April, 2016.

Resolved: that the minutes of the meeting held on the 6th, April, 2016, be approved as a true and accurate record.

Proposed by Cllr K. Griffin, and seconded by Cllr K. Farrell – Roberts that the minutes of the meeting held on the 6th, April, 2016, be agreed are approved as a true and accurate record. The minutes were duly signed by the Chairman. (all in favour)


MH05/16.6: Matters Arising/Review of actions.

Cllr K. Griffin confirmed that work had now been undertaken by the landowner on the Memorial Garden footpath.


MH05/16.7: Review of Parish Action Plan:


a) Westleigh Footpath – As per previously agreed action. Quote to be obtained for maintenance work.

b) Website/Transparency Code application – Cllr K . Griffin reported that the new website was now ready to go live, but required some local photographs for the site. He asked if any Councillors had any suitable local photographs to please forward to him. The domain name for the new website is westleighparish.org. The Clerk confirmed that the Transparency Code application had now been submitted and approved by DALC. The payment of the grant should be made in June.

e) Draft Environmental Policy – Cllr L. Burgess had prior to the meeting circulated a revised policy. After a discussion it was agreed that the policy needed to be expanded to include the whole of the parish. It was agreed that Cllr. L. Gear would assist Cllr L. Burgess with the task.

Action: Cllr L. Burgess to revise the policy to include a reference to the whole of the parish area.


MH02/16.8: Correspondence received:

The Clerk informed the meeting of the following correspondence:

• Pauline Dart – Report of fly tipping in layby in Westleigh. Reported to NDC.

• NDC – Notice of EU Referendum – request for grant. Placed on parish noticeboard.

• NDC – NDC request for Councillors Register of Interest update. Action: Councillors to inform the Clerk of any updates to the Register of Interests.


MH05/16.9: Finance

a) Financial summary

The Clerk informed the meeting that the balance held in the parish account as at the 28th April, 2016 is £5,098.

b) Payments

The following payments/ grant request were put forward for consideration:

• Complete Marketing Solutions – final payment of £250 for new website. Action: Agreed to place payment of the cheque on hold until the website goes “live”.

• Community First – Insurance renewal 2016/17 – £280.91 – cheque no 100405

Resolved: That the payment of cheque 100405 be approved.

Proposed: Cllr K. Farrell – Roberts, Seconded: by Cllr K. Griffin, (all in favour)

c) Income received

The Clerk informed the meeting that the 1st instalment of the parish precept and grant for £2,038.31 had been received from NDC in May.

MH05/16.10: Planning

a) New applications – None received.

b) Planning decisions – None received.

C) Other planning issues – Cllr B. Moores requested that the Clerk forward any correspondence in relation to Myrtle Cottage, and White Lodge in order for him to contact NDC for an update. Action: Clerk to forward correspondence.

MH05/16.11: Co – option of a new Councillor

No applications have been received by the Clerk.


MH05/16.12: – Agenda items for the next meeting


Parish noticeboards.

Draft Environmental Policy.


MH02/16.13: – Other items at the discretion of the Chairman:


Cllr L. Burgess informed the meeting of the theft of a green recycling bin in Westleigh.


The meeting concluded at 9.55pm.


The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place on a Thursday, 7th, July, 2016. Commencing at 7.30pm. Venue: Westleigh Village Hall.