councillors meeting dates minutes and agendas budget emergency plan governance internal audit report risk assessment Transparency policies
WESTLEIGH PARISH

inutes of the Meeting of the Westleigh Parish Council held at the Village Hall on Wednesday, 1st, April, 2014 at 7.30pm to consider the following business:

Present: Cllr K. Farrell – Roberts, Cllr K. Griffin, Cllr. J. White, Cllr J. Sampson, , Cllr Burgess, Cllr. B.Moores, Cllr F.Biederman.

In attendance: M. Harris (Parish Clerk)

MH04/15.1: Apologies: Cllrs J. Sampson, S.Ettling, and J.May

MH04/15.2: Declaration of Interest and Dispensations

2.1 To receive declarations of personal and disclosable pecuniary interests in respect of items on this agenda.

No declarations of interest were received.

MH04/15.3: Chairman to move: Agreed for the meeting to be adjourned and go into Open Forum.

Open Forum – Residents are invited to give their views and questions for the Parish Council on issues on the agenda, or raise issues for future consideration.

No members of the public were present

Police, County and District Council Ward Members Reports:

a) Police Report – no reported crime since the last meeting held on the 4th, March, 2014

b) Devon County Council

Cllr F. Biederman – reported no new items. Reminder to chase up the actions from the meeting with DCC Highways. Action : Clerk to follow up with e-mail to DCC.

c) North Devon Council

Cllr B. Moore’s – reported there were no new items to report. Cllr L. Burgess raised an issue relating to the progress on the report by the Environment Agency on water quality in the Taw and Torridge Estuary. Cllr B. Moores confirmed that NDC had responded to the report and reinforced the need for good water quality and the benefits to the local area.


Chairman moved to end the adjournment.


MH03/15.4: Minutes of the Meeting held on the 4th, March,

Agreed by all: Minutes of the meeting held on the 4th March, 2015, are a true and accurate record. The minutes were duly signed by the Chairman.


MH04/15.5: Matters Arising: Action Plan Update.


a) Eastleigh Bench

Application required to DCC for the erection of a seat within the punlic Highway Action: Clerk to complete application form and forward to DCC.

b) War Memorial – maintenance work.

Grant of £306 confirmed from the Devon Communities Council. Action: Clerk to arrange for the cleaning of the Memorial.

c ) Provision of footpath – Westleigh – ongoing work continuing.

d) Meeting DCC Highways

Action: Clerk to e-mail DCC to chase actions agreed at the meeting.

e) Elections – May 2015

Nomination papers to be returned by hand to NDC District Council returning officer by 4.00pm on the 9th, April, 2015.

MH04/15.6: Chairman’s Report – Summary

Cllr K. Farrell –Roberts reported that there had been no new issues to report since the last meeting

MH04/15.7: Correspondence

The Clerk reported receipt of the following letters/e-mails:

Letter from Instow, Westleigh and West Yelland Parish News request for grant 2015/16. To be discussed under finance.

E-mail from Devon Association of parish Councils – membership payment for 2015/16. To be discussed under finance.

E-mail from Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum – membership request for 2015/16. To be discussed under finance.

Bank Statement from Barclays Bank. To be discussed under finance.

Grant Thorton – request for Westleigh Parish Council Accounts for the year ending 31st March, 2015. Action: Clerk to complete annual audit and forward to Grant Thornton by the deadline of the 8th June, 2015.

Notification that Paul Fronterus has resigned as the Parish Councils representative at the Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum. Action: Clerk to forward a letter of thanks.

E-mail from Miranda Cox – Northam re concerns that the Local Plans protects the urban gap between Northam and Appledore. E-mail noted.

MH04/15.8: Finance

Grant to Instow, Westleigh, and West Yelland Parish News. Proposed Cllr B. Moores, and seconded by Cllr L. Burgess that a grant of £80 be given to the Parish News to assist with printing costs.

Membership 2015/16 – Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum – £20. Proposed by Cllr K. Griffin, and seconded by Cllr K. Farrell – Roberts, to pay the membership fee for 2015/16.

Membership 2015/16 Devon Association of Local Councils – £78.72. Proposed by Cllr J. White, and seconded by Cllr K, Farrell – Roberts to pay the membership fee for 2015/16.

Latest statement from Barclays Banks confirms a positive balance of £4,149.94 in the Parish Council’s account.

MH04/15.9: Planning

Knapp House – Public inquiry

Cllr L. Burgess produced and presented a report to the Parish Council on the progress with the Knapp House Development. The key points are as follows:

Reminder: The Public Enquiry is scheduled for Monday 11th May , at a venue tbc in Bideford.

Say no to Knapp Development posters have now been circulated. Information can be found at the website www.no-to-knapp-development.org . Details of the main focus for objections can also be found on the website.

Work continues on the statement of case for the gropup.

MH04/15.10: Ideas for increasing Parishioner’s participation with the Parish Council.

It was agreed to defer further discussion until after the election in May.

MH04/15.11: matters raised by Councillor’s/Agenda items for the next meeting.

All agreed it was a good ideato produce a summary of the key points of public interest from the Parish Council meetings and sent to the Parish News. Action: Clerk to produce the summary and forward to the Parish News

Date of next meeting:

Note the next meeting of the Parish Council will take place on a Wednesday, 29th, April, 2015, commencing at 7.30pm. Venue: Westleigh Village Hall. Note the AGM and Annual Council meeting will take place on Wednesday 20th, May, 2015, commencing at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.